From: email @ redacted
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPp] Pump on Order!
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:50:50 -0400

On the Minimed website under pump specifications, it says that the Paradigm
is waterproof up to 8 feet for 24 hours not 30 minutes.
See:
(http://www.minimed.com/patientfam/pf_ipt_paradigm_specifications.shtml)

email @ redacted@insulin-pumpers.org on 07/11/2002 11:39:32 AM

Please respond to email @ redacted

Sent by:    email @ redacted

To:    email @ redacted
cc:

I see what you all are saying about the waterproof feature....but for the
reasons everyone has mentioned...sprinklers, waterguns, water balloons,
etc...for us having the waterproof which is in 8ft of water for 30 min,
protects us from those sort of things. I just meant that for us, I dont see
the need to have a "full" coverage waterproof pump..the 8ft for 30 min. is
all that we need. That is what protects our pump from the rain, sprinklers,
and the above mentioned.
Maybe as my son grows and needs to remain connected for swimming and such,
we
will look into a better waterproof pump. But for us, for now, the Paradigm
has been a blessing.  As all of the pumps out there are.
Sarah
Mom to Matthew 5yrs old...Paradigm Pumper and to Victoria 7yrs old, non-d