Re: [IPp] Pump on Order!

----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 7:25 AM
Subject: Re: [IPp] Pump on Order!

  However, this summer several occasions have arisen
> where I wished her pump was waterproof.  It wasn't the end of the world
> that it wasn't, we just had to disconnect but it would have been nicer to
> just have a waterproof pump and not have to stop the flow of things.  >

I have to say that we have been on the 508 since Feb of this year and the
water issue has  not been an issue for us at all.  We d/c for swimming and
bathing.  Once this summer when we had to get out of the pool because of
thunder, I had Jeffrey "plug in" and bolus while we were waiting and when it
was safe to go back in, he jumped right in the water, pump and all.  Well,
everyone at the country club knew it because he and I were literally
freaking out.  We removed his pump, dried it off, and everything is fine.
I'm sure had it been a prolonged period of time, it would have been much
worse.  But maybe I am UNDER cautious because I do not worry about
sprinklers and such as his pump is in a case, and it has never gotten wet,
or wet enough to worry over.  I just let him be a kid.  This
waterproof/watertight issue is not one for us, if we had a pump that they
claimed was waterproof, it is still a $5000 machine, and we would still take
it off in the pool because I would worry regardless. Of course YMMV!!!

Laura, Mom to Eryn,9, Jeffrey 6,dx 5/00,pumping since Feb/02, and Mary
Glenn, we live in Alabama and my goodness is it ever hot!!!!!