RE: [IPp] Pump on Order!

We have been using the 508 for three years now and love it. When it broke because my son was not gentle with it no questions asked a new one was sent overnight to us and we returned the broken to MM. We just disconnect for any water issues. We bought the waterproof case for 508 but Kyle preferred to disconnect that have the pump on him while swimming. I am sure there are pro's and con's to all the pumps but a pump is as good as the people using it. Enjoy your 508 and welcome to a world forgotten.

-----Original Message-----
From:	"email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> on behalf of	"Mike Swaithes" <email @ redacted>
Sent:	Thu, 11 Jul 2002 08:21:34 -0500
To:	"email @ redacted" <email @ redacted>
Subject:	RE: [IPp] Pump on Order!

It's too bad you have to "make peace" with your pump choice. The 508 is a
good pump, except for the more annoying than dangerous static issues and
it's lack of waterproofness. Good luck and like everyone says, "ANY pump is
better than MDI."

Mike
-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted!

Well, Lord willing, we will be pumpers sometime next week!  Though we were
really leaning toward the Animas, we will be pumping with the MM 508.  Our
insurance (Kaiser) won't cover the Animas, and it would take forever to
challenge the system.  After praying for weeks about the situation, and
talking at length with our Endo (whom we trust implicitly), we've made our
peace with the 508, and look forward to starting the pump next week!

Thanks to everyone for their input!  One other question:  does Novalog come
already diluted?  Humalog does, but our Endo does favor Novalog, but wants
the 50u for our son.

Warmly,

Marie  :)
Mom to Nikkolas (Nikko) 7/98