[IPp] Middle of the Night Checks?

We sent in our son's log to his endo for her to do a "pre-pump review".  She
was out for the holiday weekend, but her partner was looking over them &
noted that we were still doing 2am BG checks.  She recommended that we do
away with them, but naturally I'm freaked.  As much as we would love to
sleep, this has been our life for over a year & I worry about lows.

What we've noticed is that we can usually predict when he has the possibility
of going low (due to exercise or not wanting much evening snack, etc.), so
we're considering just checking on those nights.  But I still worry (that's a
parent for you!).  It would be so foreign to us *not* to do them!!!!  And
naturaly, when he begins the pump, we'll need to do them again for awhile!

How many of you still do these checks?  Even during those "constant numbers"

Marie  :)

Mom to Nikkolas (Nikko) - 7/98
Dx'd 3/01