[IPp] drops of fluid from pulled out site

I know I have heard this discussed before, but don't remeber the details.  My
son was high so I bolused a correction and checked again 50 minutes later.  He
was still high so I gave him an injection and changed his site.  When I pulled
the old site out, I drop of liquid came rolling out.  I didn't think to see if
it smelled like insulin.  It did look perfectly clear.  I assume there is good
reason to believe that the insulin was not being absorbed at this site.  What
can cause this?

Thank you,