Re: [IPp] mastisol web sight

Here's a couple web sites where you can order Mastisol:
 <A HREF="http://www.alconeco.com/product_description.cfm?suid=23">Alcone
Company Inc.: Makeup, Salon and Theatrical Supplies</A>
 <A HREF="http://www.hocks.com/skinpreps/skinpreps_1.html">Skin Preps and
Adhesive Removers</A>

Mastisol basically comes in 3 forms:
Spray bottle -- not commonly available & I don't recommend because you can't
control where it goes (so you end up with sticky stuff where you don't want

Individual applicator ampules -- very convenient but pricey (cash price would
be $150-200 a year for 100 applicators if your insurance doesn't cover it --
and many don't)

Liquid in a bottle (about 4 oz. I think) --- apply with a q-tip (leaving a
circle in the middle with no adhesive -- this is where you insert the
cannula) Be sure to fan it for a few seconds until it's tacky (neither wet or
dry) before you  insert.  I've seen a bottle priced anywhere from $22-35 but
it lasts a long time.  We bought our bottle over  a year ago, use it for
every set change and it's still well over 1/2 full.  I did spring for one box
of the individual applicators that we use when traveling (who want's mastisol
spilling all over the stuff in their carry on), have a couple in her supplies
at school, etc.

BTW, when you got to order pump supplies from Animas will you please ask them
for Mastisol (they don't carry it -- YET) -- I figure if I can get enough
pumpers to ask for it they'll start carrying it.

I've also suggested that they put together a kit of tapes and adhesive
samples like the one Minimed offers.  It would be so great to be able to get
just a couple of eash different kind of thing to try so you can figure out
what works best before you go out and buy stuff . . .

Pumpmama to Katie