[IPp] Re: Slip and slide, swimming, and more

Theres tegaderm which is otc - you can get it at Walmart and most other
pharmacies.  Only problem is its expensive.  We used to use it for EMLA
sites and then used it a few times to cover sites.  The other problem (even
though I said only up yonder) is that once its on, we aren't able to get it
off without removing the site.  Which isn't really a problem in the summer
because we'd want the sites to remain for more than one swimming event.

email @ redacted on 07/01/2002 12:41:40 PM

To:    email @ redacted,
       email @ redacted
Subject:    Slip and slide, swimming, and more

Well, the day before yesterday Jacob and his cousin spent half the day on
slip and slide.  I disconnected for it because well, I didn't want a broken
pump less than a week after we started using it.  His tape mainly stayed
The only thing that came off was the IV3000 that we use to put in a safety
loop.  Yesterday we went swimming from about 11:30 until 4:15.  Around 2:00
the 3 extra pieces of IV3000 that I put on had all come off and by about
the sight had pulled out some so we just took it off.  By 4:00 he was 299,
easily brought down with a shot of 1unit.  Called the Dr. today and got
to call in some Mastisol.  Also called Animas and they are sending us some
Unisolve.  I just have one question.  Is there any kind of over the counter
kind of tape that will help the sight stick on?  Like if we don't know that
we are going to go swimming so we don't put any mastisol on and then want
go swimming without a sight change.  Is there some kind of tape that we can
just stick on the top that will help?  Oh yeah,  Jacob wore his pump
the whole time (well until it came off).  I figured that the cool water
help the insulin not cook.  Anyway, that has been our adventures.  One last
thing we only left the EMLA cream on for about 15-20 minutes and Jacob said
that the putting in the sight didn't hurt at all. :o)

Shanna and Jacob (5, dx'd 3-2-99, pumping Animas 6-26-02)
Don't Wait... Get your A1c Now!

List Members at:

To send a message to the list, e-mail email @ redacted

To unsubscribe from this list, visit:

Type in your e-mail address, click on the "Unsubscribe" button, and click
Submit. You will receive an e-mail confirming that you want to unsubscribe.
This is required to prevent someone else from unsubscribing you. Simply
reply to the e-mail, in plain text or HTML, and you will be removed.