Re: [IPp] Post breakfast highs

You're right!  I forgot to mention prior attempts to address this issue with
the basal.  I have, in the past changed the basal as you suggest (this was
before cranking up the carb ratio for breakfast) and we got very low
readings betwee 8 and 9am (50's).  We do not have a different basal setting
for the weekends (worried that mom and dad will forget to change over on
Fridays and Mondays!), so it may help to know that, when she eats at her
prefered breakfast time on the weekends, which is around 9am, she is usually
well within target range all morning.  She also doesn't seem to go quite so
high after these late breakfasts, even though the content of the meal is
usually the same.

Thanks for the feedback so far.  The consensus is so far seems to be in
favor of ignoring abnormal readings taken less than 2 hours post-meal.  I
would caution against thinking that this is a normal pattern in non-D people
though.  In non-diabetics, no sugar reading should ever be >200, regardless
of food intake.

Octavia