Re: [IPp] Post breakfast highs

 I agree basal could very well be the issue. My son has a basal of .05/hr from
midnight to 6am when it jumps to .25. He eats anywhere from 7 to 8:30 in the
morning. I agree that 300s sounds way too high even when you consider the
typical breakfast spike particularly since your daughter's breakfasts don't seem
to be excessive.

  Nonetheless we do have significant differences in IC factor throughout the day
- 18 for BF, 35 for lunch and 56 for dinner. So if you change her basal and thus
change her IC factor, it still may be something different than her lunch and
dinner.

  Dianne Shekell <email @ redacted> wrote:
  I read the original post on this and am now reading all the responses, but I
have yet to hear someone suggest (since your child is on a pump) to change
her basal rate. The pump is designed to "idealy" keep a person's blood sugar
normal the whole day, even if they don't eat at thing. This is why people
do basal testing in segments through out the week just to make sure the
basal is set right. I think this might be your problem. Have you ever
talked to your doctor about changing her basal rate? Since insulin takes a
couple hours to get to it's peak performance rate and she's always high
around 8:00-9:00, I would think a rate hike around 6:00am would do the
trick. BUT you would then have to put her breakfast ratio back to what it
originally was. I think she's back to normal at 9:30 because she's getting
more insulin to cover her carbs than she needs, which in turn would lower
her reading at 9:30.
Even if she's a pokey eater, you shouldn't have that big of a rise in
blood glucose from 6:00 to 8:00.
Dianne, Mom to Johnny 15 pumping on a Cozmo