[IPp] Family seeks return of insulin pump

My worst nightmare.  Short of an insulin shortage or kidnapping...

Rachel ::(

http://heraldnet.com/stories/05/01/28/100loc_insulin001.cfm

Published: Friday, January 28, 2005

Family seeks return of insulin pump

Herald staff

 MILL CREEK - It looks like a cell phone or iPod, but for 14-year-old Dane
Paschal, the insulin pump is a lifeline.
 The Jackson High School freshman was riding a school bus to swim practice when
he accidentally left the $5,000 pump behind Wednesday afternoon, said his
mother, Darcie Paschal.
When he went back to get it, the pump was gone.
 She and Mill Creek police suspect someone took it, believing it was an
expensive high-tech toy.
 The pump is used to provide a constant flow of insulin to Dane, who has Type 1
diabetes, his mother said. Without it, he is forced to inject himself with
insulin four to six times a day. Dane had taken it off because he does not swim
with the pump, she said.
 The family's insurance company likely won't pay for another one, because it
only funds a new pump once every four years. Dane got his two years ago, Paschal
said.
 "I just hope somebody turns it in. They can turn it in anonymously, I don't
care. If they could just turn it in to Jackson High School or the police
department, we'd be grateful," she said.
 The Deltec Cozmo insulin pump is blue and was in a black case, she said. Anyone
with information about the pump is asked to call the Mill Creek Police
Department at 425-337-1115.

Rachel - email @ redacted/jracheln