[IPp] Happy Birthday, Rufina!

Today is Rufina's 2nd birthday.  Rufina (also known as Rufus or Ruby)
was "born" the day Andrea was dx'd.  We had a big birthday party last
year.  This year, we are doing a low key birthday party (not until
Monday when the schedule is clear).  We will eat delicious Indian food
(Andrea's favorite) and have a birthday cake.  We will celebrate life,
our beautiful children, the invention of insulin, the invention and
improvement of wonderful pumps and meters, another year with no
hospital visits and advancing technology.  Although I wish diabetes
had never come to stay, it is part of our family.  It has taught me
many things I needed to know and has brought me in contact with
wonderful people whom I love.

Happy birthday, Rufina!

-Natalie

--
Mama to *Andrea almost 6, Alicia 3.5, Carlos 1.5,
and anxiously awaiting child #4 end of March 2005