Re: [IPp] Middle of the night HELP! Precision Xtra ketone measurement - what does it mean?

Hi Jan,

Guidelines for the interpretation of  blood ketone (_-OHB):

_-OHB (mmol/L)
Action

0  1.0Normal ketone levels

Treat blood glucose appropriately

1.1  3.0Retest blood glucose and ketones in one hour *

Consider giving additional short acting insulin

> 3RISK OF DKA

Measure arterial pH

Give additional soluble insulin

Retest glucose and ketones in one hour*