Re: [IPp] Out of control flu (or, rather, stomach virus)

In a message dated 1/24/2005 11:59:28 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Like I said, nothing stays down.  Not an ice chip, not a lollipop,not  a
> popsicle, not a sip of water.

Have you ever tried prescription suppositories to stop the vomiting and allow
him to keep liquids down to prevent the vomiting? They also can compound a
 phenergan gel that you can apply topically to prevent nausea and vomiting. And
as a last resort - Does your local pediatrician give injections of
 anti-emetics. I have found that is you can get the first does of medicine in a
patient
and then dose every 3-4 hours before the last dose is completely worn off,
most patients are then able to tolerate clear liquids only.  I am sure your
 pediatrician would gladly prescribe the appropriate antiemetic for you to have
on
hand for these situations.  Debbie - Aunt to Blake age 5 pumping with Paradigm
and Anna Beth age 25 pumping with Paradigm