From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Chuck H
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 7:06 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPp] sore fingers

Lynn,
Not everyone may agree with me, but here goes.  I'd recommend you get
something like a Freestyle or Freestyle Flash meter and , for the most
part, do alternate site testing.  The only time my son (now age 13, but
diagnosed at 10) checks his bg on his finger is if we think he appears
to be dropping fairly rapidly.  We've been doing that for two and a half
years now and it has worked just fine. We've probably not checked his
fingers more than 15 times in all this time. Of course with the
alternate site testing (generally the forearm) he tests at least four
times daily and we check him at least twice and usually three times each
night.

Chuck H.      email @ redacted

-----
Subject: [IPp] sore fingers