[IPp] Re: Endo's Site Preference for those teen years?

Given what you've written, I'd ignore your endo on this.  Your daughter
is being responsible about changing her sites, she's comfortable with
the Quicksets, and even the endo doesn't seem concerned about her
A1C's.  If it ain't busted, don't fix it!!!!

As to the cryptic comment that "sites such as the Quicksets don't work
as well during puberty" - what the heck does that mean?  I'm trying to
think of a reason why the mechanical properties of an infusion site
(angle and depth of penetration, and rigidity or flexibility of
needle/catheter) would be affected by the hormonal changes of puberty,
and I'm drawing a blank.  I would definitely ask your endo to justify
this claim before acting on it.  Besides, one of the most important
factors driving whether the site works well or not - is whether your
daughter is willing to keep up with her site changes on a responsible
schedule (which currently she is).

- Maria
mom to 3 yo Sigrid, dx'd @ 11 mos., pumping Cozmo since 17 mos.