[IPp] site changes

Hi Greg,
My son is 7 - he has the Animas 1200 and we use the Animas Insets.
We started out with the Comforts - much like the Silhouette and they did
work well, but that needle length was wayyyyyyyyyy too intimidating for
Cameron. We switched to the mini tenders and had better luck, but still,
I thought there was something better out there for us. We tried the
Quicksets and those were irritating to his skin even with the IV3000.
When Animas came out with their Insets we decided to give those a try and
we love them.
Cam is too skinny for infusions in his belly or thighs, so we use his
upper bottom and 'love handle' area. :)
With the longer, angled infusions we had to use Emla cream, but with the
Insets we don't - they are fast and easy. While I get everything ready,
Cameron lays across his bean bag chair watches TV, reads or even plays
his Gameboy. Oh, he almost always wants to hold something to help make
him brave... sometimes Spiderman, sometimes a dinosaur, etc... :))))
Picking out something to hold, now takes longer than the actual site
change. haha

I guess my main advice is to try different infusions - your son is old
enough to let you know which one he likes the best.

Good luck,
Carla ~
mom to Cameron age 7 ~ pumping Animas IR1200 (aka"Hot Shot") since July
1, 2004
dx'd-w/cancer 6/2001, dx'd- HBP 12/2001, dx'd - T1D 11/2002
Cameron's website: www.caringbridge.org/mo/cameron/