Re: [IPp] Endo's Site Preference for those teen years?

My daughter is only 18 months so I can't speak
directly to the "teen" thing, but I will say that the
Animas 1200 has been very good to us.  We have been
pumping almost 4 months and it has been a great deal
better than the rollercoaster of injections.  We are
using the tender mini, but are going to try the Insets
to try to deal with some recurrent infections which we
think are related to the elastic on her diapers
rubbing on the sites (again not an issue for you!).

 So, anyway, the animas people are very helpful.  We
have not had to even change the battery yet!  I like
the fact that you have to enter the actual dose
yourself even after the pump recommends a dose, as
this seems like a good safety/backup feature.  It
makes it easy to override as well.  Ailsa swims weekly
and takes a bath every night with the pump hooked up
all the time - another nice feature.  The ultimate
reason we went with the Animas was the fact that one
can get basal rates in 0.25 unit increments -
important in a toddler.

About the doctor's advice, we are finding that
sometimes it's just that - advice - not a prescription
or "order" or anything.  Use your best judgement and
resources like this list.

Octavia, mom to Ailsa, dx'd at 11 months, pumping
since 14 months