[IPp] Infusion set advice?

Pam,

Actually, our doctor has been diabetic since the age of 19 so he does
live with it everyday and that is why I have liked him (and continue to
like him) so much.  However, I just don't like his advice this time
around.  If he prefers hand insertion, great.  But I still think I need
to do what works with Amelia.  I was so proud of her (and relieved) for
doing her own sites for over a year!  For now, I think we will stick to
quicksets.  Diabetes is never easy, is it? We switched to novolog against
his advice also.  Maybe him being diabetic makes him less open minded!

Cheri, mom to Amelia, age 11, D 1/00 and Pumping Disetronic, soon Animas
since 12/00
This sounds like a classic example of a Dr who makes unrealistic demands
because he doesn't live with it every day! I say if what you're doing
works
and your daughter is comfortable with it, keep doing what you're doing!

Pam, mom to Sarah, age 8, dx'd 1/03, pumping Cozmo since 3/04