[IPp] Oroweat Bread Donates to JDRF

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=41719

 Oroweat Introduces New Sugar Free Bread and Its Partnership With the Juvenile
Diabetes Research Foundation

1/14/2005 7:16:00 PM

---------------------------------

To: National Desk

Contact: Ali French of Black Lab Inc., 310-399-6200 or email @ redacted

 VENICE, Calif., Jan. 14 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Diabetes affects over 18 million
people in the United States, with more than 1.3 million new cases being reported
each year. In an effort to aide the dietary needs of those dealing with
diabetes, Oroweat has launched a sugar free bread. This new line of bread is
ideal for consumers that value health benefits but don't want to sacrifice
taste.

 With zero grams of sugar and 100 percent whole wheat, Oroweat has created a
bread the whole family can enjoy. Like all Oroweat products, Sugar Free bread
contains no hydrogenated oil or trans fats.

 "With diabetes affecting nearly six percent of the population in the US,
Oroweat felt it was important to create a bread that not only worked with
diabetics dietary needs, but also tasted great," said Bonnie Young, Oroweat's
Vice President of Marketing. "This is a bread that the whole family will enjoy."

 Additionally, through Ride to Cure, Oroweat has partnered with the Juvenile
Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). The newest fundraising program of the JDRF,
the Ride to Cure Diabetes presents a fun and challenging opportunity to
individuals and teams who are interested in fitness and philanthropy to
contribute to a cure for diabetes. For every Sugar Free bread purchased, Oroweat
will make a donation to JDRF in its effort to find a cure for diabetes.

 "We are excited about our relationship with Oroweat and its involvement in the
diabetic community," said Susan Sippel, National Manager of Corporate Relations
and Event Marketing, JDRF. "We think it will be a great success."

 Consumers can look forward to finding the new Oroweat Sugar Free bread on store
shelves throughout the Western United States soon.

ABOUT OROWEAT AND BIMBO BAKERIES USA, INC.

 Oroweat bread is baked and distributed by Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU), the
Fort-Worth-based subsidiary of Mexico-based Grupo Bimbo, one of the world's
largest baking companies. BBU also bakes and distributes products under the
Bimbo, Mrs. Baird's, Francisco International, Tia Rosa, and Marinela brands and
is licensed to distribute Thomas', Entenmann's and Boboli products. BBU has
sixteen bakeries in Texas, Colorado, California, Oregon and Ohio and a
direct-store distribution system with approximately 1,300 routes.

ABOUT GRUPO BIMBO

 Grupo Bimbo is one of the largest baking companies in the world in terms of
production and sales volume. As the market leader in the Americas, Grupo Bimbo
has over 75 plants and over 950 distribution centers strategically located in 14
countries throughout the Americas and Europe. Its main product lines include
sliced bread, buns, cookies, snack cakes, pre-packaged foods, tortillas, salty
snacks and confectionery products, among others.

 Grupo Bimbo has one of the most extensive direct distribution networks in the
world with a fleet of over 29,000 vehicles, 70,000 employees and over 4,500
products. Grupo Bimbo's shares have been trading on the Mexican Stock Exchange
since 1980 under the ticker symbol BIMBOA.

ABOUT JDRF:

 JDRF, the leading charitable funder and advocate of juvenile (type 1) diabetes
research worldwide, was founded in 1970 by the parents of children with juvenile
diabetes - a disease which strikes children suddenly, makes them
insulin-dependent for life, and carries the constant threat of devastating
complications. Since inception, JDRF has provided more than $800 million in
direct funding to diabetes research. JDRF's mission is constant: to find a cure
for diabetes and its complications through the support of research.

 More than 80 percent of JDRF's expenditures directly support research and
research-related education. For more information about JDRF and the Ride to
Cure, please visit http://www.jdrf.org

 Rachel - "I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out
there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is."