[IPp] Soaking in bath tub

It's not a stretch at all - I wasn't talking about tap water, I was
talking about the water after a 4-year-old child who has been playing in
the dirt has sat in it for about 5 minutes - it's filthy!

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:58:09 -0800

From: "Michael" <email @ redacted>

Subject: Re: [IPp] Re: Soaking in bath tub

> Jamie,

> That is exactly what my last post referred to.  I think that a bath

> may have been the cause of our 1 and only site infection in 2.5 years.

> At 4 years old, the bathwater quickly becomes filthy after a summer

> day of outdoor play.  And the longer the child sits in it, the more

> opportunity for the high concentration of bacteria to find it's way

> into the wound.

That's a stretch. My daughter has swum in Lake Tahoe, the ocean (she

SCUBA dives), the American River (tubing all day long), etc... and

never had a site infection related to these events. The only time she's

had site infections (2 or 3 that I recall) have been during the school

year when swimming is not happening. Bath water is relatively clean and

is drawn from clorinated water to boot.

Michael