Re: [IPp] Re: Soaking in bath tub

> Jamie,
>
> That is exactly what my last post referred to.  I think that a bath may
> have been the cause of our 1 and only site infection in 2.5 years.  At 4
> years old, the bathwater quickly becomes filthy after a summer day of
> outdoor play.  And the longer the child sits in it, the more opportunity
> for the high concentration of bacteria to find it's way into the wound.

That's a stretch. My daughter has swum in Lake Tahoe, the ocean (she
SCUBA dives), the American River (tubing all day long), etc... and
never had a site infection related to these events. The only time she's
had site infections (2 or 3 that I recall) have been during the school
year when swimming is not happening. Bath water is relatively clean and
is drawn from clorinated water to boot.

Michael