Re: [IPp] a better way to remove the infusion set?

In a message dated 1/11/2005 8:17:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

My son  has been on the pump for about a month, and all seems to be going
well
except when we change the infusion sets.  Inserting the needle is  okay (we
freeze his bum with ice), but we do have problems removing the old  infusion
set. We do prep his skin with a sticky skin-prep and then tape on  the
infusion
set (minimed)

We put baby oil on it before we try to  remove it, but it doesn't seem to help
a great deal.  It just adheres  to his skin so strong that it really hurts to
pull it off.

Does  anyone have any ideas on how to help this? Are their sprays or liquids
that  won't cause infection that will help dissolve the adhesive before we
pull
it off?

As was mentioned in another posting recently, Unisolve works very  well.  My
son used to use that to remove his sites  before we  started using the IV-3000
pads.  Now that he is using the IV-3000's, they  make the removal of the
whole thing much easier and we haven't needed the  Unisolve.

Alida