[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #842

My 10 year old has been pumping since 2000, first with Disetronic and now
with Animas 1200, and she has spent hours and hours in the water at a time,
mostly still attached to her pump.  We use Tenders, or now the Tender
minis, applied with a swipe of IV prep followed by gorilla snot (tincture
of benzoin), and never using any kind of  tape, IV 3000, or any other
sticky stuff.  I can count on one hand the number of sets that have
actually loosened enough to come off in nearly 5 years of pumping and
playing in water.  The sets do get wet, sometimes becoming transparent with
moisture, but they stay put for the most part.  If one begins to peel up
after being underwater, you can often smooth it back down with some warm
air from a hair or hand dryer, so that you don't lose a set when it would
be inconvenient to replace one.  Annie swims on a year round team,
practicing 2 hours a day, five days a week, followed by lengthy (fun)
showers with her teammates, and during the summer she jumps back into the
pool or lake for many more hours of swimming.
Sets are easily removed with a soak of Unisolve when we're ready for a
change. So far so good!

Charlotte Holt-Platt
Mama to Annie Platt, age 10, dx'd at 3, Xmas '97, pumping since 2000