From: email @ redacted
Date: 01/11/05 11:28:21
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPp] Re: Soaking in bath tub

In a message dated 1/11/2005 2:20:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Tell me  more about the IV 3000 patch. Does it go on before or after the
site
dressing?? Where can I get it?? For some reason, we have trouble with
stomache
sites coming undone around the edges-probably because of clothing  rubbing
on
it.
Maybe this would help us.

Thank  you,

It should definitely help.  YOu can order the IV-3000 patches along  with
your other diabetic supplies if you order from a supply company.  They  are
  greatfor us. We tried Tegaderm which did not work for us at all. I prepare
my
son's site with IV prep first, then cut a little hole in the patch  for the
  needle to go through and apply the patch to the skin after the IV prep has
dried.
  Then I insert the cannula through the hole in the patch and  stick the
site
to the patch.  It will not come off.  Sometimes the  edges of the IV-3000
  patch start coming up, but not much. In the summer, we need to spray those
edges
with spray bandaid because he does so much  swimming.  Works like a charm.

ALida