RE: [IPp] Re: Soaking in bath tub

What kind of infusion sets are you using? We use Minimed soft-sets,
after the quicksets were removed from the market. We "prepare her skin"
with alcohol, after emla cream, and then when the alcohol has
evaporated, use skin-prep, which is a product like an alcohol wipe, that
makes her skin very sticky and allows the infusion set tape to adhere
VERY strongly to her skin. We found this makes a difference and she can
swim and take a bath eveyday if she wants. we still change her site
every 2-3 days because she is young (4 yrs old) and we find we cant go
longer than that.  hope that helps

Stacie (mom to Brynn, 4 yrs old, diagnosed at 2.75 years, starting
pumping at 3 yrs of age)

>>> email @ redacted 1/11/2005 10:04:29 AM >>>

 My daughter usually takes a shower but I got some fun bath beads for
Christmas.
Since I cannot use them(I am expecting in 2 weeks) she wanted to use
them. Right
now her site is in her "toush". She soaked in the tub last night and
the night
before. She is due for a site change this evening. When she got out of
the tub
last evening, I noticed it looked as if ther was moisture under the
tape and
around the tiny tubing in her skin. Can any of you more experienced
pumpers tell
me if I should have changed it right away??? THat way I will know for
the
future. I have told my daughter that taking baths probably is not a
good
idea--not long ones with bath beads anyway. SHe seemed to be OK with
that--I
told her it would really be like a treat to take a bath with beads.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Thank you,

Jamie
Mom to Cleo 9~dx 3/04 ~Pumping Minimed since 11/15/04!