[IPp] Re: Cracks in Tubing/Quicksets

Hi Jan,

My 3-yo daughter Sigrid has worn a Cozmo for almost 2 years now, and we
have only used the MiniMed Quicksets.  Bubbles in the line have been
rare for us; no idea whether this is dumb luck or whether we're
actually doing something right.  Sigrid has always worn her pump
horizontally in a belt pouch at her waist (waist size currently about
19 inches) - we have had some pouches I made (with a velcro'd flap top,
rather like a bike messenger bag) and some that we bought from
www.pump-pouch.com (with a zipper closure at the top).  Both types of
pouches allow for the stem to stick straight out one corner at the top
of the pouch without getting bent.  I have always assumed that the luer
lock connection (or  the little plastic stem right at the base of the
tubing, just above the luer lock) is probably the weak point of the
system, so we try not to bend the tubing there - we always put the pump
into the pouch with the stem side at the top edge.  There is always
excess tubing but rather than wrap it around the pump, we just tuck it
into her pants.

Good luck solving this mystery - do let us know how you fix it!

- Maria O.