Re: [IPp] Portable Sharps Container?

In a message dated 1/8/2005 2:00:32 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Test  strips are not considered hazardous waste (per OSHA) and can be
dropped in  the trash (like tampons). Why is the lancet and issue? If he
only change  is at home or brings home the single used one it can be
disposed of  there.

Michael

We will only change lancets at home.  I'm going by what our nurse told  us on
the strips, and I can believe it.  My nephew went to a public grammar  school
in the area and no kid who had a bloody nose was allowed back in class if
they had a drop of blood on their clothes.  They would have to change into
 their gym stuff for the rest of the day or wait in the nurse's office until
fresh
clothes were brought from home.

Mary