[IPp] Re: site infections

Octavia,

We've always used the Minimed Quicksets at the top and sides of
Sigrid's bottom.  Put her on the pump when she was 17 mos.  Never have
had a problem (knock on wood!).  Never used Tegaderm (well, we did for
the first month or so, then dropped it because too much of a hassle).
Only use "Skin Prep", a sanitizer and glue.  Don't blow on it to dry,
your mouth germs will be a problem.  We have a small fan to use for
drying the Skin Prep.  The Quick Sets stay put no problem, even in the
bath and the pool (I think we've had 3 sites come out since starting).

David Jensen
Father to Sigrid, Dx 9/02 @ 11 months, Pumping Cozmo 4/03.