[IPp] 90 degree infusion sets

Thanks for the idea - I looked at the Quickset and the
Inset on the web and we are considering trying one of
them.  Strangely, the idea of a 90 degree cannula was
never discussed by the CDE when we started to pump.
We are using the Tender Mini with emla first and no
inserter, just by hand.  Do we still need the emla
with an inserter and the 90 degree needle?  (My
daughter is only 18 months old, so this needs to be
painless... no way to explain the difference between
lots of shots everyday and one big shot less often)
It seems that the shorter needle/cannula is more
appropriate for a baby - am I missing something here?

Also, I am concerned about leaving off the Tegaderm,
esp in the diaper area.  One messy poop could really
ruin a site.

Octavia, mom of Ailsa, dx'd 11 months, pumping since
14 months on Animas