Re: [IPp] Question about Anesthesia

She will need to having nothing to eat or drink, the food at least eight
hours and the clear fluids usually 2-3.  I do not know what sort of
guidelines for kids having surgery who are on the pump, when my daughter
had ear tubes and this was before the pump we held her am fast acting and
then as soon as she awoke from the anesthesia and was able to tolerate
fluids we gave her half the N.

Mag Browne-McManus, RN
Nurse Manager,  Department of Radiology,
University of California,
Davis Health System
(916) 703-2209
Pager (916) 762-4186
Fax (916) 703-2258

             "Cheryl"
             <email @ redacted
             t>                                                        To:
             Sent by:                  email @ redacted
             Parents-of-Pumper         stems.com
             email @ redacted                                         cc:
             .org
                                                                  Subject:
                                       [IPp] Question about Anesthesia
             01/06/2005 06:24
             PM

             Please respond to
             Parents-of-Pumper
             email @ redacted
                   .org

I was wondering if anyone's child has had a tooth pulled.  Stephanie needs
to have a tooth extracted and they are going to put her under.  Does this
affect blood sugars?  Is there anything I need to be aware of before all of
this?  I plan on telling the Dr. this prior, she's already nervous about
having this done, of course I'm not much better!

 Cheryl
mom to Stephanie, age 13, dx'd at 4
pumping since 8/11/03 (COZMO)

zo_blue_heart.gif]