Re: [IPp] RE: Inset Infusion Sets

My son used the MM quicksets for over a year with only
one problem... I the summer, he would disconnect to go
on the beach. Sand always got in to the plastic ring
that sticks out, he wouldnt be able to reconnect and
we'd have to do a set change.  He's now using the
Animas insets. He saw them at a conference and thought
that they were very cool. He likes them better for a
few reasons- the tape is smaller, he finds it easier
to siconnect and reconnect, and its not as bulky to
carry around an extra set.( He no longer has to have
the quickserter in his pouch) He also claims that the
cannula is more comfortable and thinner...  but it
looks the same size to me..  If it makes him happy to
use the insets, then why not...
Stacey
P.S.- I'll let you know next summer if the insets get
sandy ...