Re: [IPp] Insulin Sensitivity Factor

> If I understand it correctly, the Insulin Sensitivity Factor (ISF) is
> how much 1 unit of insulin will lower blood sugar.
>
> Yesterday for Allie 1 unit dropped her:
> 277
> 228
> 170
>
> The average being 225.
>
> Do we use that average as her ISF or is there a better way?  Why would
> one time be so different?

The ISF should be determined when blood sugars are relatively normal.
There is almost always insulin resistance when bg's are high.

Another approach is to first determine carb/bg ratio by giving a single
glucose tablet while fasting with normal bg's. The repeat the process
with the addition of offseting insulin and check bg's several hours
later.

Michael