[IPp] Test strip cannister left open!

Does anyone know if a test strip cannister left open
for 8 hours would result in spoiled strips?  Joseph's
last check was 3 am, he slept in til 10:45, and when I
went to open his meter pack I saw that the cannister
lid was open!

I did a check with the control solution and the strip
result was 124 (good being between 94 and 127).  I
don't want to chuck them, but if they might
deteriorate because of the exposure, I definitely
don't want to continue using them...

Sandra, mom to Joseph, age 9 dx'd 8/19/04 and soon to
be pumping!