From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Cheri
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 10:37 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPp] Camps for Diabetics

Camp was the solution for Amelia learning to change her own sites!  She
wouldn't change them or allow me to change them but the thought of camp
was very appealing to her.  There are doctors and nurses on staff, and
the counselors are diabetic also, Amelia's was a pumper.  Not only did
Amelia learn to change her own site at the age of 8, but she put it in
her arm for the first time ever!  Camp was a very positive experience
us.  Camps run from Sunday to Saturday and Amelia has gone 5 years, the
first year being family camp that we all got to attend.   Kids are much
braver for other people!  And Amelia always comes home ready to care for
herself, positive and happy!

Cheri McCurdy, Mom to Amelia, 10, D-1-00 and P 12-00