[IPp] Re: infusion sets

Hi all,

Thanks Barbara, Phyllis and Rick for all your repiles. Unfortunately here in
NZ there aren't many pumpers and only one distributor per type of pump
available (Htron and Minimed) so they would probably know if I wasn't using
'their' sets - have given that one abit of thought!! I am going to look into
the warrenty business, sounds like a lot of the old horrible stuff to me.
Think the suppliers are just trying to protect their market - which is very
small in NZ. I feel that I have to be abit careful tho, as I don't want to
get off side with the pump company cause I can't go anywhere else if things
turned to custard. The joys of living in a small country that is slow to
keep up with good medical improvements. Thanks Phyllis for sharing the info
re warrenties, its good to get the information from the horses mouth so to
speak! Can I mention when I am speaking to people hear that someone who
works at Distronic in the US said using other 'brand' sets doesn't void the
warrenty in the US?

Its good also to hear that other people find the tenders good.  The rep in
NZ is sending me a tender so I am going to do as Rick suggested and just try
the adhesive part first. Will also do the same with different tapes - it
never occured to me to just stick on bits of tapes to see how they go!!

Thanks again - I really appreciate all the information. If I have left out
anyone that has replied and shared information, thank you also very much.

Suzanne, Canterbury New Zealand, mum of Michael 7, D dxd 08/99, coeliacs dxd
04/00,pumping 04/02, Daniel 9, wife of Paul.