From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 3:10 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPp] Re:Sets and H-tron pump

In a message dated 1/30/03 9:58:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> We use a Disetronic Htron and the only
> disetronic sets available are the rapids and tenders. The look of the
> tenders frightens me abit. I mentioned to our pump company rep that
> I would try some of the sets available thru the NZ distributors of
> sets and I was told that if I used a different brand of infusion set
> would void our pump warrenty. I have emailed Disetronic in the US to
see if
> I can get some ultraflex thru them as they are not available here. I
> beleive
> that the Disetronic tenders and Minimed Silhouette are exactly the
> (please anyone correct me if I am wrong) so I think my next step will
be to
> contact Minimed here and see if they have the inserter for the
> and then use it with the Disetronic tenders. I would hope that that
> be
> allowed.

Hi Suzanne,
     My little girl pumps with the H-tron pump and uses MM's Quick-sets.
are in Canada and the UltraFlex is not approved for sale here and the
last I
heard they had no intention of trying to market it here.
     I would try to verify in writing that using the Quick-sets would
your warranty--myself I believe that the rep was telling you a line of
 A quick read of the actual warranty, (ask her/him to supply you with a
would explain things.
     In any case, how would they know what sets you were using anyhow?
we bought our pump the sales rep showed me how to re-build the H-tron
batteries.  When I questioned her about "build your own batteries"
the warranty, she said "how would they know anyhow?"  At that time the
was sold by a third party and not by Disetronic themselves.
     The H-tron is a very sturdy pump, you will like it a lot.  I would
switch to another brand at this point in time, even if I was paid $3000
to do
so and got the other pump for free!!
     Even though the Tenders/Comforts/ and Silhouettes are all the same
infusion set, the ones that are to be inserted with the Sil-Serter are
different.  I have a Sil-serter and some Tenders, but not the type that
be used with the insertion device.  These sets also intimidate me and
why we use the Quick-sets.  Most people will tell you though, that once
get over it, the Sils/Tenders are a great set to use.

Best wishes,
Barbara, Mum of Claire 8