[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #297

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply to my email. Unfortunately here in New Zealand we are
limited to what sets are available. We use a Disetronic Htron and the only
disetronic sets available are the rapids and tenders. The look of the
tenders frightens me abit. I mentioned to our pump company rep that perhaps
I would try some of the sets available thru the NZ distributors of Minimed
sets and I was told that if I used a different brand of infusion set it
would void our pump warrenty. I have emailed Disetronic in the US to see if
I can get some ultraflex thru them as they are not available here. I beleive
that the Disetronic tenders and Minimed Silhouette are exactly the same
(please anyone correct me if I am wrong) so I think my next step will be to
contact Minimed here and see if they have the inserter for the silhouette
and then use it with the Disetronic tenders. I would hope that that would be
allowed. I will keep you informed on how we get on. Thanks again. Bye for

Suzanne, Canterbury New Zealand, mum of Michael 7, D dxd 08/99, coeliacs dxd
04/00,pumping 04/02, Daniel 9, wife of Paul.