Re: [IPp] Failing Insulin Pumps

Weeeelllllllllll..............    today pump # 15 arrived!   Yep 15.
Number 14
which was a brand spankin' new one straight out of the box lasted a grand
total of 5 1/2 hours..........a new record!

The longest one we've had run is exactly 6 weeks.   Some have been
total screen freeze-ups that techs couldn't undone by phone.   Some have
been errors saying the test for the remote failed...........but we weren't
using the remote and didn't have that feature turned on!   (Those ones
freaked out the engineers who demanded we instantly take it off and not
wear it!)    Some start with several mystery alarms over a 12-48 hour period.
You hear the alarm,  but nothing unusual shows on the screen or in the
alarm history.   Then they finally do a failed Battery test.     Some start
causing high blood sugars for 12-24 hours before they suddenly die.    One
kept saying that the battery had been out for too long-----but it was in!
Most say the battery has failed the battery test.   Even if it was a brand
new battery that has only been in it for a few minutes.    I have a large
bag of AAA batteries that can't be reused in the pump but still have 85%
power to use for other things.

Fenton, MO

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Rainbow.jpg]