[IPp] memory loss???

I have an eight-year-old (diabetic) daughter who doesn't seem to remember
some important events from just a year or two ago.  Maybe these moments
don't stand out in her mind because they were not important to HER, but I'm
starting to worry that maybe the diabetes affects her long-term memory.  I
know each kid is different, but my son who is six (not diabetic) is like an
elephant and never forgets anything.  It is such a contrast.  I mentioned it
to the endo who said they can run tests on her.  They asked if I ever had to
use glucagon on her and I have not.  She does not have frequent lows either.
Any thoughts on this?