Re: [IPp] 4 year old - Infusion sites and where to clip/pocket/harness pump

In a message dated 1/15/2003 10:38:16 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I am asking where to keep the pump because
> if he attaches the pump to his waist and pulls down his pants to go to the
> bathroom he may rip the cannula out.

My son is four, and we attach to the waist, and he has never pulled it
out...we use the Silouettes.  Before connecting him to the pump, we had him
wear it for a week before, for precisely this reason...we wanted him to get
used to how he would handle things like the bathroom (if only the pump could
improve little boys aim!!!!).  It also helped him get used to the toddler
harness (which we use at night for sleeping).  We weren't sure if having a
lump in his back would make it hard for him to sleep (it didn't...he sleeps
like a log!)

Best wishes to you!

Marie  :)
Mom to Nikkolas (Nikko) 7/98