Re: [IPp] 4 year old - Infusion sites and where to clip/pocket/harness pump

My son is now 6yrs old and started pumping when he was 5yrs old. He is and
has always been a very active little boy.  Jumping/bouncing/diving, etc....
He has never ever had a site pulled out by playing around, or for any other
reason.  We pump using the Minimed Paradigm and I love it for its size and
how easy it was to learn.  We also use the Silhouettes infusion sets and
insert using the Sil-serter.  These go in at a 30degree angle and have a
longer canula.  We use the 23 inch tubing and my son also wears his either in
a pump pak around his waist or attached to his pants at the waist by the clip
on the pump case.  When he goes to the bathroom he just pulls his pants down
and goes, it has on occasion hit the floor, but I have never had a problem
with our pump.   We also spent two wks at the beach over the summer and had a
great time.  Because he was so active and in and out of the water, we just
kept him disconnected and then would reconnect to bolus him when he ate
something. And I of course, did extra testing during that time period.  We
love our pump and it has given my son the freedom to be more of that playful
six yr old that he is!  Good luck

Victoria (8) Non-D...Love My kids!