Re: [IPp] Re: testing in cold weather

Just a suggestion...but for those of you who do ski, you may consider buying
a child size fanny pack to strap around their waist and put the meter,
strips, lancet and a few glucose tabs and then put the snow pants over that.
With the snow pants covering the pack and then a coat over the snow pants,
the testing supplies will be kept warm enough.  I know this because we are
sometimes outside sledding for hours and that is what I do. But I wear the
fanny pack around my waist and with out snow pants, just under my coat.  We
have been outside for up to three hours and with no problems.  You could have
your child ski off to the side at the bottom of the chair lift and test
before going up the hill, again, with wearing a fanny pack your children
won't have to fumble with supplies, because it will all be around their
waist.  I wouldn't let my son go without testing.  If he wants to go play
outside, the rule is that he must come in to test or I go out to him every
two hours.  Better safe than sorry. Sometimes kids are so excited with being
outside, that they may over look the symptoms of a low blood sugar. Very
scary thought!
Hope this helps.

Victoria (8) Non-D...Love My kids!