[IPp] Re: 9th pump

email @ redacted writes:

> When I read the first e-mail, I thought you were talking about the 9th
> Animas pump and was shocked!  Now I realize it wasn't the Animas pump that
> failed.  We've been using the Animas pump and only had one problem.  It
> didn't fail, it just had a little condensation in the window.  They
> replaced
> it and we've never had a problem since.
> Carol
> -
Hi Carol,
     I did actually converse with a mom whose child was on their 5th animas
pump in as many months.  She advised me to not switch to an Animas, and based
mostly on this I stuck with our H-trons and have never regretted the
decision.  This, however, was almost 2 years ago now, and I think that all
those early glitches have been resolved.  But it just proves that all new (as
in newly introduced to the market) pumps have a number of
glitches that need to be worked through by the engineers, while we are left
to deal with the customer service reps.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8