[IPp] Re: Remember to bolus

>>I need for my son to know that what I tell him, he can trust to be true to
the best of my knowledge.  That's what works for us.<<

Absolutely!  I snipped most of your post but thought it was well
written and agree with 100% of what you said.  Honesty, positive
reinforcement, humor, understanding, and help/support (especially
when they make a mistake!), is what has worked for us.  I think these
kids have enough burdens to bear without adding to them by telling
them their pump could be taken away if they don't meet stringent

Your method seems to be working right now since Johnny is only 10,
but aren't you worried how he will feel and how he might respond as a
teen when he knows the truth?  I would be worried that he might be
very angry that I had been deceitful with him.  I would also be
concerned that he is complying out of fear and may become resentful
and non-compliant when he knows the truth.  Or he'll be so stressed
from trying to be almost perfect in compliance that he'll rebel.

My sons are 12 and 16.  As they get older, trust becomes more and
more important to our mom-son relationship.  Typically, boys don't
open up as much as girls.  I want to do everything in my power to
encourage that open communication.  A relationship built on trust
will certainly help!

Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah