Re: [IPp] Remember to bolus

I have the same problem with my daughter.  It is very easy to get distracted
and this happens quite a lot in our house.  I assume your daughter is not
with you when she is forgetting.  When we are sitting down to eat I find it
easier because she does it before she leaves the table and at school the
teacher watches her do the bolus.  Snacks are very often taken without a
bolus but we usually get the bolus sorted within half an hour if she has
forgotten (apart from when she went to her friend's house and even the mother
forgot to tell her to do it and her blood sugar went through the roof!)

I think it just has to be the adult in charge that has to watch it being done
just as you would watch the injection being done and make sure it had been
done correctly.  The other way to do it is to bolus before the snack and let
them go off and eat it.  Some parents might not feel comfortable with this,
but I have done this many times.

Mum to Danielle aged 8 on a pump, dx Aug 2001
D myself for 29 years