[IPp] Re: Sil Serter

Hi Dianne,
       I agree completely with what you have written.  I find that Claire has
"good sites" and "bad sites" with the Quick-sets.  Its very frustrating.
Right now we have had 2 "bad sites" in a row, but complicated a bit by Claire
having a nasty cold.  She is very resistant to changing the sites ahead of
schedule, unless they fail completely.  Right now the boluses do just fine,
but if she doesn't eat for awhile and we don't check often the number has
creeped up quite high.   This comes after months of only having "good sites".
   In fact, I had to lower some of her daytime basals just a couple of weeks
ago, as she was going low so often and her boluses were working too quickly.

       I would love to try the Sils, but Claire is totally against the idea
and she is very strong willed.  So we just do the best we can.  Shelly,
Luke's Mom, had great success switching from the Quick-sets to the Sils.  She
has written about this in the past.
Best of luck,
Barbara, Mum of Claire 8