Re: [IPp] Sil Serter

My six yr old son, Matthew uses the silhouettes with the sil-serter insertion
device. Other than the somewhat "loud" click that it makes when you push the
button, my son loves it.  I have manually inserted as well, but find that
using the sil-serter somewhat guarantees that I get it in at the proper
30degree angle.  When I pull out the canula to do a site change, there is
sometimes crimping in it, but I cannot say whether it is from playing around
or from the way I pulled it off of him.  His numbers are usually good and in
range and we do a site change every other day. He also never has pump bumps
and the red marks from where the old site was only last about two days and
then they are very hard to notice. I apply a triple antibiotic ointment to
his old sites which is a CVS brand.
Sarah :)