Re: [IPp] How many carbs at meals

 My son is 14 years old ... and he has always had a diet high in carbs,
especially pizza. The doctor wants him to focus on counting and bolusing for ALL
of his carbs, so she doesn't want to limit them. Even the dietician has told us
to be careful about putting limits on what he can and cannot eat, especially now
that he is a full-blown teenager. She said that teenagers who feel that their
diet is "constrained" will rebel and may not bolus for all of the carbs that
they "sneak", leading to higher BGs.

 As background, David often eats more than 300 grams of carbs per day. eats 5-6
times per day, and has grown 3 inches in the last 6 months (since going on the
pump). His A1c numbers are around 7, which isn't bad for a growing adolescent
boy... so we must be doing something right!

Terri Wolfrom