Re: [IPp] How many carbs at meals

I was talking about this at home as well last night.  Our daughter is 4 and
recently seems to be hungry all the time.  Even an hour after eating a meal
that she says she can't eat any more because she is full.  Her typical day
is breakfast, cereal, milk, (28g of carb), lunch 35g of carb and dinner 30g
of carb.  Her basal to bolus insulin is pretty close to 50-50.

I do have a problem letting her eat foods very high in carbs.  We do try to
eat healthy, for instance I'll limit bananas and substitute oranges or
apples.

For holidays or parties, I don't limit too much.  I'll suggest to not eat
all the frosting but leave it up to her to decide.

Pre-D, my daughter was in the 30%ile for weight and about 30%ile for
height.  She is now in the 90%ile for weight and 50%ile for weight.  Her
endo seems to not be concerned provided that she doesn't increase the weight
%ile any more.  She said that some kids need to be in the higher %ile to be
able to grow more.

My wife on the other hand has no issue pumping for 100g of carb if needed.