[IPp] hello and question re: schools

Hello, My name is Marie and I have a son Findley who is about to go on a
Paradigm 712. He is 4 and been dx'd for 3 years.
We live in England, in Lincolnshire.
I have lots of question s about him going on the pump, my main concern being
how will he manage at school?

The set up here is that his teachers currently test his blood sugars, they
can not administer insulin. There is no school nurse at the school and it is
very difficult to obtain any extra help.

Basically he has to be as autonomous with the pump as possible. It is all
very new to me and I am hoping I can program a high basal rate to cover his
lunchtime, of course that will not allow for high blood sugars before lunch.

If the pump alarms or becomes dislodged I will have to go to school and sort
it out.

Any advice about anything gratefully received.

Many Thanks.

Marie, mum to Findley, 4, dx'd 2001